Meet the client:
For over 30 years, Solomon Park Research Laboratories has been tirelessly working to improve the health of the human race. Over time, the lab has supplied custom serum and plasma products to hundreds of laboratories and government agencies worldwide. Serum and plasma is shipped fresh or frozen and is obtained from donors with known analyte values. Solomon Park also provides ultra-low temperature storage space for longitudinal studies. Their draw center, located in Burien, Washington, utilizes a process (C37-A) developed in conjunction with the CDC.
Solomon Park’s old website had an extremely outdated design and no clear conversion point. They lacked multi-currency options to buy their products, calls to action (CTAs) throughout the website, and no straightforward navigation to help guide users to where they needed to be. If your website is not in-line with current trends, it may signal to users that your company is outdated. Solomon Park was in urgent need to redesign their website to achieve their marketing goals.
When we collaborated with the Solomon founders for the discovery session, one of the first things we looked at was the client’s range of services. After collaborating with the team at Solomon, the designed team decided that the homepage should display the services they provide and their team of highly qualified experts with the quick contact information at the top of the page. Here are some of the features we added to the website:
- Responsive theme: We used a custom WordPress theme which is a clean, modern and responsive design that lets us build an exclusive website for Laboratory, Research, BioResearch and all types of research laboratory related websites.
- estore: Allowed the customers to pay in multiple currencies to enable customers to browse the shop, and checkout in their preferred currency.
- Better navigation: Strengthened site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Trust: Introduce the commercial side of the business without overshadowing the more substantial research work.
- Chatbots: Introduced chatbots to support the customers round the clock.
- Content Strategy: Rewrote the content to improve the website’s organizational structure and help the audience easily navigate content/products.
Once the site was built, we thoroughly tested it using multiple browsers and mobile devices. Once we were confident that there were no bugs on the site, we asked the client to go through their round of testing and finalize content on the site. Once complete, we were ready to take the site live.
We were confident that our user experience strategy and attractively tailored designs would set Solomon Park up for success. Our team’s hard work shows in the new and beautiful site. We were able to deliver on the goals Solomon Park set out to achieve and created a fresh new website for the world’s leading research lab.